Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Askew Ball: Author's Note

Askew Ball was originally suppose to be written as a short story, but upon meeting Trevor Thomas Murray and getting to know him.  I had talked about this demented little story that turned into a short script that he believed in me enough to submit it to Broom Street Theater during a little contest they were having back in November of 2009.  I came back to this twisted and yet funny tale, because I was mentoring an aspiring writer by telling him that he should write what he wanted to and not because of what everyone else told him to.
Granted Trevor never told me to write this tale in a script format, but upon many discussions with him.  It just felt like it could go both ways as a short story and a short script to be made by my fledgling production company.  In honor to keeping true to what he said to me...about doing what you makes you happy.  When i read it this hilarious tale, it reminded me of a time that underneath all the stress and bullshit that came with the stress I was in.  Writing this tale made me happy because one person believed in me beyond anything and he made me happy.  I never really told him or anyone till now.  But when I wrote Askew Ball in the short script format it was really for him. 
Now I write it because writing makes me happy. 

Irenia Guajardo
~Hellz Writer~

No comments:

Post a Comment