Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Author's Note: The Devil's Hand

Upon finishing this story, I had sent it to my friend,{{and}} apparently his writing mentor/co-writer.  To see what he thought and it was cool to hear him call my writing style a young Clive Barker.  Even though I have read his later works, so I guess that is a good thing...right??  Well anyways.....I wanted to attach the Author's note here for those to read and maybe get a bit of sense to it.
Getting back on the writing horse, has been something a bit terrifying, but I am doing it.  I even think because of Chris, I want to write those writing series, to help slap out the stardust from young aspiring writers eyes.

Author’s Note:
             This short story was based on a nightmare I had, when I was younger.  You can say it was some what based on actual events. My mother, you can say was a very interesting person that gave me a wealth of inspiration.  Even if that meant she actually did wish for the devil to take my soul that night.  In Hispanic customs, it is called a mother’s curse.  My grandmother, {{rest her soul}} did in fact stay watch over me and prayed all night long till I did wake up. This is something I have never forgotten and wanted to share the tale.
But of course as the writer, I changed things up a bit and did not give it a happy ending.  I’m demented that way. 

 The Devil's Hand will be published on Smashwords and offthebookshelf.com at 10pm pst.  $1.99 is what the cost will be, every sale goes to helping support my little princess.

Irenia Guajardo
~Hellz Writer~

No comments:

Post a Comment